Saturday, March 16, 2013

First Sketching Workshop

Today,I will attend my first sketching workshop. I signed up for this class over the internet just by finding someone in Paris who gives art classes. People in this group will be using pencil, ink or watercolors to quickly capture a little scene of interest.  I'm not exactly sure what to expect. I'm guessing we will be encouraged to select a subject that is interesting, small and can be done quickly just like I said a couple of sentences ago, Duh. I don't know how many people will be in the group, whether it will be in French or English or where we will go. We are meeting in a cafe near the Gare Austerlitz (train station). I think we will start in the cafe to get oriented and maybe do a few quick sketches then proceed across the street to the Jardins des Plantes. This is a big park nearby but not much is in bloom at the  moment. We were told via email to dress warmly, so I guess we'll be outside for a while. It's pretty cold here still and rain is in the forecast.
My hope is get some quick studies that I can use as references for future paintings and/or incorporate into a kind of Carnet du Voyage, travel journal. We'll see. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as ":Anonymous", please sign your name so we know who you are. Thanks